I’m Paul O’Sullivan. A Cork man living in Carlow.
I’m creative by nature and always loved art and design from an early age. I achieved an ‘A’ in honours Art and History at leaving certificate. I graduated in Graphic Design at Cork Institute of Technology in 1996 and was finalist in national apprentice competition at Bolton Street in the same year.
I enjoy everything digital and how clever design can add value to a project. I work well within a team and also independently. I have worked in eLearning and design agency roles in Dublin and abroad.
I also enjoy animation, video and I have studied digital marketing at IT Carlow. I am always learning something new in the field of design as it is an ever changing field of new processes and technology.
Contract Work for Activeonline (During Covid)
Project work (2020-21)
- Web/UI Design, Mockups, Prototyping HTML/CSS.
- Using Figma, Balsamiq, Adobe Suite.
The Burnside Group (Carlow) | www.pbmachinetech.ie.
Design/ Marketing (2019-Present)
- New branding.
- Design, build and maintenance of mobile responsive company website.
- Social media management.
- Google analytics and SEO.
- Creation of internal information screens.
- Design and management of company external building signage, wayward signs, stationary and print advertising.
Activeonline (Dublin) | www.webdesignireland.ie.
Senior Web/UI Designer (2003-2018)
- Creative on all projects.
- Web/UI Design, HTML/CSS.
- Wireframing in Figma, Balsamiq, Adobe Suite( including XD)
- UX input in agile team environment.
- Customer Support on CMS.
ONE Business Consulting Group. (Sydney, Austrailia) | www.onebcg.com
Web/UI Designer (2002)
- Design, build and updating of websites in Adobe Suite and HTML/CSS.
- Online Banner advertising design and placement.
Digital Channel Partners (Dublin)
Graphic/Web Designer (2001-02)
- Creative on all websites, video production and print material.
Cosmedia (Dublin) | www.cosmedia.ie.
Graphic/Web Designer (2000-01)
- Graphic and web design on all print, web and multmedia projects. Worked closely as creative with video production team on building video CDs in Director authoring.
Skillsoft (Dublin) | www.skillsoft.com.
Senior Graphic/Web Designer (1997-2000)
- Designing courseware with photoshop, illustrator and flash for CD learning and online E-Learning courses… Creation of library elements for elearning courseware for SAP, Microsoft, Novell, Oracle and other software companies.
Introduction to User Experience Design
(Georgia Institute of Technology , Online Course, 2021)
Certificate in Digital Marketing/Level 8 of the Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Marketing (Carlow IT, 2019/2020)
Certificate in Web Development (Arthouse, Dublin IT 2000)
National Apprentice Finalist in Graphic Design (DIT Bolton St, Dublin 1996)
Diploma in Graphic Design (Cork CIT 1993-96)
Animation Related Course ( Ballyfermot College , Dublin 1992)
Leaving Certificate ( Bandon Grammar School, Cork 1993)
Adobe Creative Suite
HTML / CSS
Digital Marketing Plans
Google and Social Media Advertising
Microsoft Office Suite
References available on request.Contract